Communicate-ed Covid-19 Response and Support
We find ourselves in unprecedented times. The government have announced that schools will be closed, except for children of key workers and vulnerable children, for the foreseeable future. We know that the summer exam series has been cancelled and, at the time of writing, no guidance has been given about alternatives.
As always, the health and well-being of our staff, members, delegates and students is our top priority. Please be assured of our support over the next few weeks and months. We have discussed as a team the ways that we might best be able to offer support at this time, these are listed below. If you have any queries, please do get in touch with us.
- All our training courses are available online, and will continue to be so. For those courses that would normally be watched as a group (for unlimited delegates), we are extending the access period to the course from 10 days to 30 days, and offering multiple logins so that colleagues can access the training at home. This applies to our Training Readers and Scribes Course, Training for Invigilators course and our seven ‘Supporting Students with…’ courses each of which covers one of the following: Hearing Impairment, Vision Impairment, Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, Dyspraxia, ADHD and Behavioural Difficulties. To set any of these up, please email us directly at online at communicate-ed dot org dot uk
- We are offering our Small Byte CPD Courses for a heavily reduced price (£10 for one courses, £5 for additional courses). We recognise that some colleagues will have even less time than usual over the next few weeks due to childcare and ongoing work commitments, but some will have more and may wish to make use of the time to complete SASC-approved CPD.
- We are running a live webinar on 8th April on the standardisation, administration and interpretation of the Diagnostic Reading Analysis Edition 3 and Access Reading Test 3. Everything paid for this webinar will be donated in full to a project supporting NHS workers during the Covid-19 crisis.
- Our members discussion forums will continue to operate as normal.
- Ofqual are working with the Department for Education on the detail of the alternative to summer exams. You can keep an eye on the JCQ website for updates.
- We have a few face to face courses lined up over the next few weeks, and as long as the government guidance is to stay isolated we will be making these courses available as live webinars so that they can be accessed from home, with the facility to ask questions live of the course tutor.
Since we launched in 2002, our staff have worked from home, and will continue to do so throughout the current requirement to limit interaction. There will be no change to the support we are able to offer.
We hope you are all staying well and safe.